December 2013 reports
- An ecoguard working in the Waza national park arrested with elephant parts and other protected wildlife products.
- 2 ivory traffickers arrested in Lomie – East transporting ivory using the vehicule of the Ngoyla municipality – East Region.
- Lack of collaboration and breach of procedure observed in MINFOF Far North Regional Delegation.
- 1 dealer sentenced in Bafia - Center
- The year ended on target in all Departments
November 2013 reports
- 4 dealers arrested in 2 different operations in Makenene and Yaounde.
- 3 major dealers were sentenced this month in Djoum and Edea for killing and trading in elephant products.
- LAGA Director travelled to Kenya to work on the Kenyan and Ugandan Replications
- LAGA Director travelled to the US attempting to add the lessons of LAGA to the
forefront of strategies in the US for fighting wildlife trafficking.
October 2013 reports
- 6 dealers arrested in 3 different operations in Lomie, Yaounde and Garoua.
- 2 international dealers arrested in Garoua – North with a variety of protected wildlife
- 3 major ivory traffickers were sentenced to serve prison terms in Yaounde - Center
September 2013 reports
- 13 dealers were sentenced this month in Limbe, Bamenda, Djoum and Yokadouma.
- The President of the national syndicate of live wildlife exploiters in Cameroon and his
Chinese partner slammed prison terms by the Court of First Instance – Limbe.
- 3 years imprisonment term meted on a major dealer in Yokadouma – East.
- Chinese trafficker arrested at Nsimalen Airport with giant pangolin scales; another
dealer arrested in Edea – Littoral with elephant parts.
- 54 media pieces were produced and pushed through this month
August 2013 reports
- 10 suspects arrested this month in 5 different operations
- A high level MINFOF official arrested for suspected complicity and corruption in
connection to ivory stolen from national stock.
- The biggest wildlife trafficker in Cameroon arrested in connection to Chinese giant pangolin scales dealer in Limbe.
- Chinese trafficker arrested at Nsimalen Airport with ivory and giant pangolin scales.
- A network of 5 parrot traffickers using a military matriculated vehicle busted
- 2 dealers arrested with a live chimp in Bafut – North West
July 2013 reports
- A wildlife case sent to the Special Criminal Court in an exceptional move by the Government of Cameroon.
- Dealer in lion skin arrested in Mbandjock – Center.
- Another trafficker connected to ivory stolen from national stock arrested in ObalaCenter.
- 2 international leopard skin traffickers arrested in Yaounde – Center with 2 leopard skins from Souanke – Republic of Congo.
June 2013 reports
- Ivory previously deposited in National Stock discovered among elephant tusks seized in LAGA – MINFOF operation in Douala – Littoral.
- 2 operations within 1 hour arrests 4 major dealers in ivory in Douala with a total of 18 elephant tusks and 32 ivory pieces.
- Unprocedural behaviour observed in MINFOF Delegations
- An ivory dealer sentenced to 3 months imprisonment in Djoum - South
May 2013 reports
- An operation led to the arrest of a female dealer in protected bush meat in Sangmelima – South.
- Female dealer in live primate sentenced in Douala – Littoral
- 2 new babies welcomed into the LAGA family
April 2013 reports
- Chinese dealer and his Cameroonian accomplices arrested with 7 big sacs of giant
pangolin scales while attempting to send them to Nigeria.
- Another international ivory trafficker with connections to the Republic of Congo, South Africa and Guinea Bissau arrested in Djoum - South.
March 2013 reports
- 7 dealers arrested in 4 different operations
- 2 international ivory traffickers with a base in the Republic of Congo arrested.
- LAGA Director invited to speak in the European Parliament.
- LAGA Director participated in CITES 16th Conference of the Parties as a member of the Cameroon Government Delegation in Thailand.
February 2013 reports
- 3 international ivory traffickers belonging to the same network arrested with 24 elephant tusks.
- The busted network has connections in Congo, Gabon, France, Belgium and Italy.
- WCO invited LAGA director to speak on anti-corruption strategies.
January 2013 reports
- 2 operations arresting 2 wildlife dealers rescuing 4 live primates.
- The 2012 Annual Report on activities and finance completed and posted online.