Activity report March 2010
- 2 ivory dealers involved in 1 ton ivory trafficking sentenced to 1 year imprisonment and to pay a record sum of over $116,500 as fines and damages.
- 2 dealers arrested in Kribi – South Region with 14 sea turtle shells, an areawhere several projects claimed to work on the protection of sea turtles for years.
- Ivory dealer arrested in Abong Mbang – East Region with elephant tusks.
- 3 cases were prosecuted this month against 4 dealers.
- LAGA participates in the 15th CITES Conference of the Parties (CoP) in Doha - Qatar.