Activity report June 2011
- LAGA Director was invited by ILEA (International Law Enforcement Academy) in Botswana to train in the first anti-corruption program for wildlife enforcers.
- Regional collaboration among the projects increased with a regional meeting of country coordinators in Gabon planning regional crackdowns.
- LAGA makes a presentation on regional law enforcement at first Interpol specialized environmental conference organized by Interpol Central African Regional Bureau in Yaounde – Cameroon.
- A major leopard skin dealer arrested in Yaounde – Center with a leopard skin and leopard skull.
- Another dealer belonging to a network of 7 well known elephant dealers that was busted in Mintom-Djoum – South arrested.
- 2 dealers were arrested while trying to trade in chimp parts in Mindaurou – East.