Activity report September 2009
- LAGA Activities replicated in the Central African Republic.
- 2 principal International Ivory Dealers arrested in unprecedented operations in The Central African Republic.
- About 1 ton of ivory seized during the bursting of an international ivory trade network in Douala – Littoral Region.
- 4 dealers were sentenced this month.
- A dealer, also a recidivist and threatened the team with his gun was arrested in Djoum – South Region for illegally trading in live primates other protected wildlife species.
- Head of Legal Department makes a presentation on Internet wildlife trade during the Conference of the Interpol Wildlife Working Group in Brazil.